- OB caesar (brunch only) $12 clamato, ginger, shiitake, chinese red vinegar, white pepper, worcestershire. your new Chinese-Canadian brunch staple
- Boss Bird Negroni $13 beefeater, campari, extra dry vermouth, chrysanthemum, tonka bean, grapefruit, goji. Feel like an effing Boss Bird when you drink this Negroni!
- IMPEACHMENT FIZZ $13 baijiu, peach, rose, grapefruit, lemon, sparkling wine. a light and refreshing reminder that POTUS is a nightmare. we are donating one dollar per drink towards a rotating Black Lives Matter charity
- main street 75 $14 hawthorn berry beefeater gin, lychee, lemon, bitters, sparkling wine. no need for a side street when you got main street
- oolong island iced tea $12 baijiu, bacardi blanco, cazadores reposado, beefeater gin, lemon, cola, oolong tea, goji berries
- miss wong $15 cazadores tequila, osmanthus-goji syrup, lime, peach bitters, merlot. sassy & classy like ms wong
- Necromancer $14 gin, cointreau, lemon, angostura bitters, passion fruit, saffron. raise the dead or just the glass
- five words $13 lily bulb cazadores tequila, averna, five flower blend, bitters. try say five words fast five times after this bad boy
- the old bird $16 wild turkey bourbon, grand marnier, ginger, cinnamon, bitters, salted plum. makes an old bird feel young again. we are donating one dollar per drink towards a rotating Black Lives Matter charity
Wine – 5oz / 750ml
- SUMMERHILL CIPES BLANC DE NOIRS $12/60 rich and vibrant bubbles with 12 yrs age, from BC’s first certified biodynamic winery
- MARIONETTE ROSÉ $12/60 dry & fruity, with notes of sour cherry & strawberry & a smooth finish
- THREE SISTERS GEWÜRZTRAMINER $13/63 dry & savoury orange wine, with spicy & smoky notes of orange blossom & citrus
- winemaker’s cut boho beat blend (w) $10/50 natural fermented blend. a beautiful unoaked and living wine
- CULMINA UNICUS GRÜNER VELTLINER (w) $14/68 mineraly, with zesty notes of grapefruit, lemon, & white flowers.
- HAYWIRE GAMAY (r) $14/68 light/medium style wine, with lots of red fruits but a savoury & herbal undertone
- boho zen (r) $12/60 a beautiful naturally vegan blend of syrah and merlot
- LOCK & WORTH MERLOT (r) $12/60 merlot made in a light and fresh style, serve slightly chilled
- OROFINO WILD FERMENT SYRAH (r) $16/78 medium/full style wine, with rich black fruits, wild game, & wet stones. a syrah with attitude, just like us
Beer & Cider
- parkside $8 dawn pilsner, 16oz
- steel & oak $8 shiny things hazy ipa, 16oz
- strangefellows $8 talisman pale ale, 16oz
- tsingtao $7 lager, 330ml
- Three Kingdoms $7 hefeweizen, 330ml
- Sunday Cider $8 sunday mesh, 355ml
- flew the coupe $6 lapsang, rosemary, ginger, cinnamon, lemon, taste like a lemonade but 100 times better
- five flowers iced tea $6 honeysuckle, chrysanthemum, silk cotton, plumeria rubra, pueraria lobata, bitters
- glow up $6 hibiscus, rose, green tea, apple juice
- compressed cucumber $6 tamari, sesame oil, chili oil, cilantro, pickled fresno (gf, vegan)
- deep-fried tofu $11 golden marinated tofu, sambal, cilantro (gf, vegan)
- gai lan $10 black bean vinaigrette, crispy shallots (gf, can be made vegan with simple garlic stir fry)
- jian bing $10 whole wheat egg crepe, pork floss, Chinese donut, pickled mustard greens, cilantro, a spin on the classic Tianjing street food
- crispy cauliflower $8 cauliflower with attitude, Szechuan spice mix (gf, vegan)
- bba pork gua bao $12 two butterfly buns stuffed with house made bbq pork & Chinese slaw (sub crispy cauliflower inside for vegan)
- Old Bird WINGS $15 chili or salt & pepper (gf)
- marinated eggplant $6 sweet & sour dressing, lotus root chip (gf, vegan)
- CHIVE POCKETS $11 pan fried pastry pockets filled with Chinese chives, egg, shiitake mushroom & glass noodles (vegetarian)
- golden mantou $7 five mini mantou AKA deep fried Chinese bread with a side of condensed milk, this will make you very happy (vegetarian)
- PORK & PRAWN $12 pork, prawn, cabbage, ginger, scallion
- PRAWN & SCALLOP $13 prawn, scallop, edamame, egg, local vegetables
- vegetarian $11 seasonal local vegetables, egg, sesame oil (vegetarian)
- VEGETARIAN MAPO TOFU $17 shiitake mushrooms, spicy broad bean sauce, jasmine rice (vegan)
- brisket lo mein $19 slow braised beef brisket, daikon, bok choi, jook-sing noodles
- BRAISED PORK RAGU $21 pork ragu braised 6 hours (old bird style & made with Canadian pork), sunny-side fried egg, pickles, steamed rice
- late night fried rice $18 a tribute to fried rice found on Shanghai streets at night, changing nightly, can be made vegan or vegetarian
- Hong Kong Panna cotta $9 chocolate malt soil, ube powder, coral tuile
- FROZEN OLD BIRD DUMPLINGS $30 made by hand & with love. no preservatives & no additives.
- Dumpling kit $15 wrappers and dumpling fillings for 30 pcs. pre-order by wed for friday pick up as if booking a reservation. follow instagram story for flavour and pick up schedules.
We are now live for delivery at FROMTO platform, which charges no commissions to the restaurant. Please support small businesses by ordering from this platform. Otherwise, we are also available on ubereats and doordash.
Gift cards are now available online and at the restaurant. All Gift cards purchased online will be kept at Old Bird restaurant for pick up. Please write the recipient name and email below for pick up confirmations. All online gift cards require 24 hours to process.
Please note that we do not offer returns on gift cards.
Old Bird/ ōld bərd / / Lǎo niǎo / ADJECTIVE
- Unapologetically themselves
- Sassy but fair with a few gray hairs
- Doing it our way
Vancouver meet badass Chinese street food
Our dishes are rich in history with our twist. We blend familiar flavours found in the street food markets in China with modern flavours in Vancouver.
A dining experience meant to be shared while having a drink or two. We are not another Chinese restaurant on the block, we are Chinese food with attitude.